Sep 24, 2012

The Lost Prince ARC Review





Julie Kagawa
Pages: 379
Publisher: Harlequin Teen 
Format: eARC
Source: Netgalley
Age Group: Young Adult
The Lost Prince (The Iron Fey: Call of the Forgotten, #1)Date Published: October 23, 2012


Don’t look at Them. Never let Them know you can see Them. That is Ethan Chase’s unbreakable rule. Until the fey he avoids at all costs—including his reputation—begin to disappear, and Ethan is attacked. Now he must change the rules to protect his family. To save a girl he never thought he’s dare to fall for. Ethan thought he had protected himself from his older sister’s world—the land of Faery. His previous time in the Iron Realm left him with nothing but fear and disgust for the world Meghan Chase has made her home, a land of myths and talking cats, of magic and seductive enemies. But when destiny comes for Ethan, there is no escape from a danger long, long forgotten. My name is Ethan Chase. And I may not live to see my eighteenth birthday.



I forgot how much I had missed this world! I love the fey and craziness that comes with them, especially from Julie Kagawa. It was definitely weird to have the main character think of Ash as anything less than the sexy he is, but I guess Ethan had reason enough. I mean, the poor guy's sister kind of ditched him for the things that are currently making his life a miserable Hell (you know, Them, the fey, the things that go bump in the night), and he sees it as Ash's fault. Because his life being so terrible, he's a jerk and pushes everyone away so that they don't get mixed up his his craptastic life. And then that all kind of changes the day he starts at another new school and meets Todd and Kenzie (I adore Kenzie, she's so cute!) and starts to care for other people.

Let me just say how much I loved this book. It was fantabulous, like legit just as good as The Iron Fey books. I love Ethan. He's just so sexy and fantastic with that bad boy front going on, but he's actually one of the good guys on the inside. I LIKE HIM. And then there was Kenzie. Sweet, insanely adorable Kenzie. I swear, I've read some negative reviews for this book that bashed Kenzie and it was like reading mean things about my best friend. I was that upset!! She was funny and always put a positive spin on everything, and lived life to the fullest. When Ethan was a total jerk to her, she wouldn't take no for an answer and kept at him, and eventually they got close. Because of Kenzie. Sometimes, she was even the stronger of the two of them, and that was totally awesome. I mean, who doesn't want to see a female YA heroine who lives her own life and doesn't let it be dictated by what others think she can do?

The secondary characters rocked, too. I loved Kierran and Annwyl; they were too cute. I also loved getting to see more Puck and Ash and Meghan, because they are kind of like old friends that I missed seeing around school. They are fantastic. I thought Ethan's hatred of Ash was kind of adorable. I also love Gimalkin. He was always my favorite.

That cover is so hot. Like, no joke. I'm going to have to go buy a hard copy of this book when it comes out so I can stare at it.

I definitely give this book 5 'staches, because it was amazing and Julie Kagawa is a genius of a writer. It was also my first Netgalley approval, so The Lost Prince will always have a special place in my heart :)


Now I desperately want the next one. :/

1 comment:

  1. I just started the whole Iron Fey Series this weekend, and hope to get to the Lost Prince by Friday!!
    Have a great week, and happy reading!
    Ashley
    #BookNerd

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what people think, and commenting lets me know you were here! Speak your minds! (Please :D)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...