Aug 15, 2012

Bout of Books Day 2 Challenges

Bout of Books Read-a-Thon

Bonjour, mes amies (I think that's right anyways, I've only taken French 1...) Today is day 2 of the Bout of Books read-a-thon, and I have already read 2 books today!! (Reviews later, I'm feelin' lazy) Also, today's challenges require blog posts, so I'm going to lump them all together here (so I don't spam my lovely followers with a thousand posts).

The first challenge I wanna do is the character interaction from Once Upon a Time, where we take 2 characters from different books and make them interact. I'm feeling a well of pent up snark at the moment, so I'm gonna have Jace from The Mortal Instruments "interact" with Rose from Vampire Academy:

He slid into the stool next to her with a sort of predatory grace. "Come here often?" Girls always went for that sort of thing, and this one was obviously up to something devious. And against the Covenant.

"Lay off it, demon hunter." Rose was tired of these guys constantly "checking up" on her. She didn't see why Lissa needed to go to New York. It was stupid and dangerous, and these shadowhunter guys were freaking everywhere here. "I'm not doing anything wrong. Yet. Now get out of my hair before you do something stupid."

"Vampire-," She cut him off.

"Dhampir. Dham-pir, you blond idiot. I'm only half." She was getting considerably more irritated by the second. Unfortunately, the boy seemed to be enjoying himself.

"Whatever you are, you look pretty suspicious." It was true. She did keep glancing over her shoulders, taking in her surroundings.

"It's my job. I protect-"

"Whatever you do, it really looks against Covenant." Jace really just wanted to pick a fight. He was feeling restless, and Clary's mom had whisked them away to Canada for "family bonding time." Which is ridiculous. They bonded plenty right here in New York.

"Alright wise guy. You wanna take this outside? I'm sick of your crap." Dimitri was guarding the other side of the restaurant, watching out for those who wanted to do out little golden couple harm. He could handle everything for a few minutes. And this guy was getting on her nerves. And what on earth was this "covenant" thing??

"Ooooh is that a threat half-breed? You think you can take me?" He could tell she was perfectly capable. And he was bored. Why not?

She clenched her teeth. Rose really wasn't any good with these things. She was much too impulsive. "Yeah. Let's go."

Unfortunately for Jace and Rose (and fortunately for everyone else involved), Dimitri stepped in and reminded Rose that she was better than this, and talked Jace out of arresting her. 

Alright, relocation time (challenge hosted by The Grammarian's Reviews). So, I just finished up Deadly Cool, and I feel that everything would be much different if everything took place somewhere very rural- Cowpens, SC. Everything panned out the way it did in the book largely because things in their town were very close together. I would like to know what would happen if it took Hartley longer than 10 minutes to walk to her school. It would certainly make everything a lot more dangerous.

I don't do poetry, so I don't think I'm going to write a limerick. Yup.

What'd you guys do? I'm curious if mine are as lame as I think they are.

<end transmission>


3 comments:

  1. Hmmm. I wonder how much of a difference it would make to increase the characters' travel times by transferring them to a rural setting. A lot more delays could happen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahahaha xD that was way too good

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what people think, and commenting lets me know you were here! Speak your minds! (Please :D)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...