Jul 11, 2012

Shatter Me


Aw, it's already day three! I've read 2 books today, and I'm gonna read My Soul to Take next, but first (since I really, really, really loved Shatter Me) I'm gonna write a review.

Shatter Me (Shatter Me #1)
Tahereh Mafi

Shatter Me (Shatter Me, #1)Juliette hasn't touched anyone in exactly 264 days.
The last time she did, it was an accident, but The Reestablishment locked her up for murder. No one knows why Juliette's touch is fatal. As long as she doesn't hurt anyone else, no one really cares. The world is too busy crumbling to pieces to pay attention to a 17-year-old girl. Diseases are destroying the population, food is hard to find, birds don't fly anymore, and the clouds are the wrong color.

The Reestablishment said their way was the only way to fix things, so they threw Juliette in a cell. Now so many people are dead that the survivors are whispering war-- and The Reestablishment has changed its mind. Maybe Juliette is more than a tortured soul stuffed into a poisonous body. Maybe she's exactly what they need right now.
Juliette has to make a choice: Be a weapon. Or be a warrior.
In this electrifying debut, Tahereh Mafi presents a world as riveting asThe Hunger Games and a superhero story as thrilling as The X-Men. Full of pulse-pounding romance, intoxicating villainy, and high-stakes choices, Shatter Me is a fresh and original dystopian novel—with a paranormal twist—that will leave readers anxiously awaiting its sequel.
Oh, I just loved this book!!! I think it only took me like a couple hours to read, I was so into it. It pained me to put it down. I just fell in love with the characters and the story and it was just so good.

So poor Juliette's touch is very dangerous. The book starts of with her locked up all by herself. She'd been that way for 264 days. She kind of has a thing for numbers. Then they toss a roommate in with her, who's a boy. I mean, I thought that was kind of weird, but it makes sense later. Then the boy is kind of the catalyst that really gets the story moving. She's taken to place she doesn't wanna be, asked to do things she really doesn't wanna do. She gets a change of scenery, this one more dangerous, but better for her in the long run. Then more stuff happens, but I've probably already said too much. It was amazing though. End of story.

As for the characters... I adored each and every one of them. Juliette was so sweet and wonderful and I just wanted to maim every single person who hurt her, because she was just too good to be mean to anybody. Seriously, being mean to Juliette would be like kicking a puppy. A poor sad puppy who was constantly blamed for things that weren't her fault. She was so awesome as a heroine. And then there was Adam. I think I love Adam even more than Jace (which is insane, because I love Jace with a passion). He's just so kind and wonderful and cute and observant. I love a guy who pays attention, because I haven't met many. He's just wonderful... He'll be in the YA Sisterhood crush tourney on the 25th (I'm so voting for him.) if y'all wanna check it out.

So, back to my review. I also loved the cover. It's what first got me interested in the book, because it's just so gorgeous. I love the explosion from behind her and that dress is so pretty!! I just... yeah I like the cover. I also really loved the way it was written. There were a lot of crossed out lines, like she was writing in a journal with pen and couldn't erase. In the beginning there was a lot of repetitive statements that really gives the effect of Juliette having lost it a little. Which really worked for the book. I really loved it.

As you can probably tell, I'm so giving this book 5 stars. It's way up there with The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer and Divergent and City of Bones (some of my very very favorite books) for me. It was just such a good book and I recommend everyone read it. NOW.

I'm seriously in need of Unravel Me now. Too bad it comes out in 2013, and I'm too new to score and ARC. Oh well, I shall wait with the rest of the world.

<end transmission>

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what people think, and commenting lets me know you were here! Speak your minds! (Please :D)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...