Jun 30, 2012

Betrayals


Lili St. Crow
Pages:  304
Publisher: Razorbill
Format: Paperback
Source: Library
Age Group: Young Adult
Date Published: November 17, 2009
She’s no angel...
Poor Dru Anderson. Her parents are long gone, her best friend is a werewolf, and she’s just learned that the blood flowing through her veins isn’t entirely human. (So what else is new?)Now Dru is stuck at a secret New England Schola for other teens like her, and there’s a big problem—she’s the only girl in the place. A school full of cute boys wouldn’t be so bad, but Dru’s killer instinct says that one of them wants her dead. And with all eyes on her, discovering a traitor within the Order could mean a lot more than social suicide...Can Dru survive long enough to find out who has betrayed her trust—and maybe even her heart?
This book was so much better than Strange Angels. It had a lot more intricacy and plot twists and more Christophe (whom I just adore). I found myself skipping less and getting really into what was going on. It was very good.

The action and the fighting and the way you felt Dru's panic was so much more intense than in the first book. I was scared for her and for what was going to happen to those around her. It made me feel more of what was going on in the book, and I really liked that. I also loved seeing the whole "pack" dynamic play out with the werwulfen (& the token loup-garou) and the was Graves treated it all. So, yeah, the plot was better.

I also liked the characters much better in this one. Dru was considerably less swear-y, and picked fights with the guys more often than she should have (much like I do) and I liked that about her. I still wish they would tell us her real name, though. I also liked Graves much better. He was super funny and protective and would make a really great friend. I do wish someone would pluck his unibrow, though. & Christophe... where do I begin? We find out his true age (more or less) in this one, and it's a little shocking, but that's ok, I still like him best. He's kinda James Bond at times and then he's still caring and cool and awesome and yeah. I like him, lots.

I don't love the cover, 'cause I think those guys in the back are supposed to be Graves and Christophe, and that's so not what I'd think they looked like. & Cover Dru doesn't have frizzy curls. or even curls at all. not cool.

Anyways, I'll give this book a 4.5, since it was better than Strange Angels but I didn't really like the cover and it just wasn't one of my favorites. It was still really good though, and I would definitely recommend it to anyone who has read the first book.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what people think, and commenting lets me know you were here! Speak your minds! (Please :D)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...